Re: DRCP - database resident connection pooling

From: John Scoles <scoles_at_pythian.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 06:34:00 -0400

I added DRCP into DBD::Oracle a few weeks ago and so far only a few people have used it, no complaints as of yet still early days though.

It main purpose is for web based systems where there are many short duration connections each having it own session off the DRCP connection so a comparison to client side connection pool that is handing out a connection on request might not be very useful.

A better comparison would be a client side session pool off a single connection vs a DRCP connection.

hope this helps

John

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com> wrote:

> Has anybody done any comparisons between client side connection pooling,
> MTS and DRCP ? I am looking for positive or negative experiences with
> DRCP in the area of bugs, performance etc.

The best compliment you could give Pythian for our service is a referral.