Re: RMAN catalog operations taking 128 seconds per file - where is the bottleneck (and no guessing)

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_poderc.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:57:49 +0300

RMAN is a (special) database application which has *sessions* like any other database application... So either trace the session if you want to know the answer in minutes, or run snapper on RMAN sessions if you want to know the answer in seconds... (or write a query against ASH if you've got the licenses)
--
Tanel Poder
New virtual conference and online seminars!