restrict schema A from schema B

From: Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:36:33 -0500

How to restrict schema A from schema B.

I have a db with schema B. Our applications are written in C++ and they use schema B. We have to support a 3rd party product that will require us to install schema A ( that supports the 3rd party app ) in our db. How do I absolutely stop schema A from accessing schema B’s objects? Management want options on how to restrict access.

Besides from granting privileges and assigning roles how can I stop schema A from schema B’s objects? We already use security policies and have discussed building a separate db for schema A.

Has anybody else had this problem and how did they overcome it?

thanks.