Re: restrict schema A from schema B

From: Steve Baldwin <stbaldwin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:31:16 +1100

A few questions :

What privileges does schema A have?
What grants are in place on schema B's objects? What Oracle version are you using?

Ordinarily objects owned by one schema (B) are not accessible to another schema (A) unless either schema B grant access either explicitly to A or to a role that is granted to A. Or, schema A has a system privilege such as SELECT ANY TABLE. Steve

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> How to restrict schema A from schema B.
>
> I have a db with schema B. Our applications are written in C++ and they
> use schema B. We have to support a 3rd party product that will require us
> to install schema A ( that supports the 3rd party app ) in our db. How do
> I absolutely stop schema A from accessing schema B’s objects? Management
> want options on how to restrict access.
>
> Besides from granting privileges and assigning roles how can I stop schema
> A from schema B’s objects? We already use security policies and have
> discussed building a separate db for schema A.
>
> Has anybody else had this problem and how did they overcome it?
>

> thanks.

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.