Re: 11g RedHat 5 and Hugepages? anybody successful ?

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:06:12 -0500

If you have HugePages properly configured, then these parameters aren't required.

From note 361468.1:

On Linux and some other platforms the Oracle Database initialization
> parameters PRE_PAGE_SGA and LOCK_SGA3 can be set to TRUE to pin the SGA
> pages into memory. HugePages already makes the SGA pages non-swappable, so
> those parameters are not needed to have SGA pages unswappable. But those
> parameters still can provide additional performance advantages for the
> internal mechanism of Oracle Database memory management.

I'd like to see the output of these 4 commands:

grep Huge /proc/meminfo
grep huge /etc/sysctl.conf
grep memlock /etc/security/limits.conf
ipcs -m

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com> wrote:

> Jared- both lock_sga and pre_page_sga are set to FALSE.

Don Seiler
http://seilerwerks.wordpress.com
ultimate: http://www.mufc.us