GI PSU (patch 9655006) does not patch /etc/init.d/init.ohasd?

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 19:38:24 +0200

Hello list,

today i noticed (again) an issue with patch 9655006 (GI PSU 2). the PSU fixes a problem with system limits.

opatch copies a fixed version of init.ohasd to GI/crs/sbs/init.ohasd but rootcrs.pl copies GI/crs/sbs/init.ohasd.sbs to /etc/init.d/init.ohasd.

which process converts the new files into sbs files?

could someone running GRID 11.2.0.1.2 check if his/her /etc/init.d/init.ohasd contains the following LIMIT vars at the beginning (with actual values instead of pace holder of course):

SCRBASE=%SCRBASE% #limits

CRS_LIMIT_CORE=%CRS_LIMIT_CORE%
CRS_LIMIT_MEMLOCK=%CRS_LIMIT_MEMLOCK%
CRS_LIMIT_OPENFILE=%CRS_LIMIT_OPENFILE%

NAMEDPIPE=/var/tmp/.oracle/npohasd

i already opened a SR but it would be helpful to see if it's general problem or my personal issue. i'm really not happy with the PSU. first an error in one of the makefiles, now this. doesn't look like tested to me.

regards,
-ap