Re: Re: Oracle XE Corruption

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:16:17 -0700

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Daniel Fink <>wrote:

> "Probably less time than it takes to replace the differential in my car.
> :)"
> Would that be on race day or between races?

If it's on race day, I will be going home. :(

> smon_scn_time table is the table that Oracle uses to keep track of the
> relationship between scns and timestamps for flashback operations. It
> contains up to 5 uptime days of data (unless you have hacked

Thanks for the sanity check Dan, I had not even looked at the name of the index - had I done so I might have had sense enough to not write all the stuff about rebuilding it. :)

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: Home Page: