Re: DataGuard Configuration in 10g

From: KRISHNA MOORTHY <krish33moorthy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:33:41 +0530

Thanks for your reply.
  1. Switch to Primary

SQL> alter database commit to switchover to primary;

if the commit to switchover fails for any reason you have to use the activate command

SQL> alter database activate standby database;

  • After the above query execution The standby database will act as an normal database.I think again we can not synch up with primary database.

> 2. start database(migrate mode, for 32bits to 64bits) by use nocluster
>
> SQL> alter system set cluster_database=FALSE scope=spfile;
>
> SQL> shutdown immediate;
>
> SQL> startup migrate;
>
> SQL> _at_$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlirp.sql
>
> ---------- Once i execute the above steps in my standby database server(64
> bit) ,

sql> shutdown immediate
sql> startup open

Then ,is it synch with old primary server.

Regards
Krishna

Regards
KRishna

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Surachart Opun <surachart_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> If 32bit -> 64 bit... you have to migrate mode
>
> 1. Switch to Primary
>
> SQL> alter database commit to switchover to primary;
>
> if the commit to switchover fails for any reason you have to use the
> activate command
>
> SQL> alter database activate standby database;
>
> ------ After the above query execution The DR database will act as an
> normal database.I think again we can not synch up with primary database.
>

> 2. start database(migrate mode, for 32bits to 64bits) by use nocluster
>
> SQL> alter system set cluster_database=FALSE scope=spfile;
>
> SQL> shutdown immediate;
>
> SQL> startup migrate;
>
> SQL> _at_$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlirp.sql
>
> ---------- Once i execute the above steps in my standby database server ,

sql> shutdown immediate
sql> startup open

Then ,is it synch with primary server.