Re: DataGuard Configuration in 10g

From: Surachart Opun <surachart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:45:09 +0700

If 32bit -> 64 bit... you have to migrate mode
  1. Switch to Primary

SQL> alter database commit to switchover to primary;

if the commit to switchover fails for any reason you have to use the activate command

SQL> alter database activate standby database;

2. start database(migrate mode, for 32bits to 64bits) by use nocluster

SQL> alter system set cluster_database=FALSE scope=spfile;

SQL> shutdown immediate;

SQL> startup migrate;

SQL> _at_$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlirp.sql

Surachart Opun
http://surachartopun.com