vim/sqlplus utility

From: Shaun Batterton <>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:23:25 -0400

For those of you who use sqlplus and vim almost exclusively, alexandru.tica<>has put out a really useful utility called VoraX that you should check out at I've really enjoyed beta testing it and I hope you don't mind the plug. SQL Developer is great for viewing objects, but I find it much faster to use the object viewer in vim and to not have to leave sqlplus environment. If you are a sqlplus purist, it may take some getting used to having to start vim first and not having a synchronous step by step sqlplus prompt, but there are a number of features that make it better, including password encryption/decryption, connection profiles, logging, and the aforementioned object viewer. Alexandru updates the project any time you have suggestions. I'm posting this because I think a few of you will find it useful and will help to improve it.

Shaun Batterton