Re: ASM - storage virtualization solution

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 08:51:39 +0100

Hi Michael,

Anyone who maintains an extended distance cluster will have that experience (I don't have that yet). There are a few of them out there so you are not alone in what you are trying to do.

You should explicitly create 2 failure groups, one for all disks in each array. As you already said, ASM normal redundancy will take care of the mirroring.

HTH, Martin

Martin Bach

Oracle Certified Master 10g

  • Reply message ----- From: "Michael Elkin" <> Date: Fri, Aug 6, 2010 05:36 Subject: ASM - storage virtualization solution To: "K Gopalakrishnan" <> Cc: "oracle-l" <>

That is exactly what we are planing to do , both nodes are in a 11.2 cluster +RAC I am just looking for someone who has an experience with such solution.

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 7:28 PM, K Gopalakrishnan <> wrote:

> Mike, You need to cluster the ASM nodes (CRS+RAC) to mirror the
> storage between two arrays. ASM can not mirror independent arrays
> without clustering.
> -Gopal

Best Regards
Michael Elkin