Re: which patch wizard tool is more accurate

From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 23:32:57 -0700

Subodh,

This is not really a question of accuracy. All of these tools serve different purposes. The patchsets.sh script simply tells you what family packs and minipacks are installed on your system, and whether there are updated versions. You didn't mention how you are using the OAM patch wizard, so those results are less clear. If you were using it to evaluate a patch and determine its prerequisites, then the patch wizard is probably just doing its job: telling you that patch 4229931 (AD.I.2) is a prerequisite for another patch. The OAM patch wizard won't necessarily ignore a prerequisite if it's already installed.

Regards,

John P.

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com