Re: Is it a good idea to have primary key on DW table

From: Anupam Pandey <>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:32:53 +0530

In another test run I was expecting the loading of that fact table to take more as the new partitons get added to that table with primary key enabled. But it turned out to be a flat (almost) time for insert or loading for that table with primary key enabled.

I was expecting it to take more time with the increase in number of rows because primary key validation will be a serial job ( correct me if i am wrong)
and with the increase in data oracle will have to do more work with subsequent loading .

I have atached the log file and script..

Plz let me know your thought on it .

Thanks And Regards,