Re: Dataguard and release version question

From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:46:39 +0530

Both primary and standby must be on same Oracle Version. Both database must be either 9i or 10g.
Regarding 32 bit & 64 bit, it is possible to have standby on 64 bit with primary on 32 bit or vice versa. But after switch over / fail over you need to make sure that utlirp.sql is executed.

when we did the same activity on linux, we had to reinstall OLAP due to some known issues when migrating from 9i to 10g. You may want to check these aspects as well.

HTH. Ravi.M