Job scheduling in 11g

From: Ravi Madabhushanam <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:21:10 +0530

Hello All,

We have a requirement to schedule multiple jobs in Oracle 11g ( on windows. We have multiple jobs which needs to be executed in a specific order serial and parallel.
Below is the sequence of our jobs.

Job 1 -- serial
Job 2 -- parallel
Job 3 -- parallel
Job 4 -- parallel
Job 5 -- parallel
Job 6 -- serial
Job 7 -- serial

After completion of Job1 we need start job 2,3,4 and 5 in parallel. After completion of all jobs 1-5, Job 6 should start. And job 7 should run only after execution of Job6.

On linux I would have opted for shell scripting for this. But we are on windows now and I'm not really confident about it. I thought DBMS_Job can be used for this.

Could you guys please share your opinion on how best I can approach this requirement. Is DBMS_JOB the right choice ? do we have any better way to do this.

Thanks a lot.