Re: Job scheduling in 11g

From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:35:39 -0700 (PDT)

I use a stored proc to schedule a job to allow users to execute a shell script this way...yeah, it's a hack and no, don't ask... :)
I will say, as long as you write in a LOT of error handling/notifictions and a "lock" file to return a success to the procedure when the shell script has exeucted successfully vs. the job has issued successfully, it works quite well...

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Subject: Re: Job scheduling in 11g
To: Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com
Cc: robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com, ravi.madabhushanam_at_gmail.com, "Yechiel Adar" <adar666_at_inter.net.il>, "Martin Bach" <development_at_the-playground.de>, "oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <Oracle-L_at_freelists.org> Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2010, 8:14 AM

There's a way to do OS level stuff as well. It's a hack, but it "does the job".

http://www.usn-it.de/index.php/2009/08/21/oracle-executing-an-os-command-from-plsql-icmp-ping-from-database/

Regards
Martin Klier

--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de