Re: Inconsistent file IO times on AWR report

From: Harel Safra <harel.safra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 08:03:01 +0300

In this case you're probably seeing the effect of both the OS file caching and the SAN caching.

Harel Safra
(Sent from my phone, excuse the terseness)

ב-04/05/2010, בשעה 23:17, Neil Kodner <nkodner_at_gmail.com> כתב/ה:

Solaris 9, veritas 3.5, hitachi san. Mount points look like:

/u01 on /dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/u01
read/write/setuid/delaylog/largefiles/qio/ioerror=mwdisable/dev=3d40005 on Thu Mar 18 23:25:59 2010
/u02 on /dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/u02
read/write/setuid/delaylog/largefiles/qio/ioerror=mwdisable/dev=3d40006 on Thu Mar 18 23:26:04 2010
/u03 on /dev/vx/dsk/rootdg/u03
read/write/setuid/delaylog/largefiles/qio/ioerror=mwdisable/dev=3d40007 on Thu Mar 18 23:26:09 2010

filesystemio_options = asynch

For what its worth, 32gb server, 12gb sga, 7gb pga aggregate target, we're always maxed out on RAM and swap, and our iowait, during business hours, hovers around 25-30%.