Re: about oracle database's price

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 07:52:00 -0400

It does not cost that much. Oracle uses a marketing strategy where they say our product is incredibly expensive so it must be great ,but just for you here is a big discount. Discounts vary radically. I have seen people get Oracle on a 4 node server with RAC for $4000 for the whole server.

contact them and tell them you want to keep the price down. Do NOT develop for free before you get a contract. They will charge you more because they know you can. The economy is bad, oracle is looking to make deals. Also get quotes from Microsoft and IBM to get the price down. Tell them you are considering all 3 products.