Re: Differential incremental backups

From: andrey khudyakov <andrey.hudyakov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:43:06 +0200

William, you are mistaken.
differential and comulative are exclusive to each other, but each of them is incremental backup.

Orlando, if you want recover your database till some <recover_point>, you should have available all incremental backups until recover_point and all archived logs between start_time of last incremental backup and recover_point