Re: Database accidentally left in backup mode

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:36:39 -0700

On Mar 15, 2010, at 1:24 PM, Powell, Mark wrote:

> How were the tablspaces put into backup mode? (At the database or tablespace level)

At the database level.

> Generate the end backup commands for each tablespace with a file in backup mode and try again to end the backup.

Yes, that would at least give me some kind of progress indication. Though I kind of hate to kill it now, it has been going for so long already! But all files are still marked active so whatever it's doing doesn't seem to be very effective.

> I could suggest you consider switching to rman since it does not require that the tablespaces be placed into backup mode to run a hot backup.

You could :), and I am well aware I need to do this, but between 11g and AWS I have enough new stuff to deal with at the moment. It's already on my todo list for the future.

thanks,

janine

> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

---