Re: Anyone Else Feeling the 1st Quarter Love??

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 09:26:22 +0000

Hi Kellyn,

now that you mention it...

I was overruled and had to put a system into production (I asked the list whether they'd do the same a few weeks ago) I didn't want to. So now we have the mess, and it's always the DBAs to clear it up (sounds familiar?). Some of the funnier problems we get

  • security not up to my standards
  • the system is a monitoring solution for business transactions. Unfortunately all the money was spent acquiring the software licenses and not on hardware. Now there isn't SAN connectivity (no HBAs even) and the DL 580 doesn't have enough internal disk capacity to keep up with the growth of reported data
  • the repository database server keeps falling over at weekly intervals. It's a repurposed box that was collecting dust for a year

Yes, I kind of feel it too...

On 03/04/2010 04:26 AM, Kellyn Pedersen wrote:
> Curious if anyone else is feeling serious pressure to put a lot of new
> systems/code/features into production by the end of first quarter?
>
> "Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell
> script..."

Martin

OCM 10g
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com