RE: Script to automate AWR reports (not snapshots)

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:07:59 -0700

I think you probably want to start with $ORACLE_HOME/admin/awrrpt.sql, but I don't recall for sure if it will accept beginning/end times/snapshots as command line parameters, or if you have to run it interactively. I've only run it interactively and I think that might be the only option, so you might have to create your own custom copy if you want to automate it for a specified interval. I did the same thing with statspack (spreport.sql) once, but not for AWR. Why go to the trouble of automating it though - why not just run it as needed for troubleshooting this issue, whether it's during the same time period or not? It seems like the effort to script the automation outweighs the benefit based on the available info.

Regards,
Brandon