Script to automate AWR reports (not snapshots)

From: Sandra Becker <>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 13:54:38 -0700

Platform: IBM z9
Oracle: 10gR2

Management is under the mistaken impression that the performance problems we are experiencing on a daily basis ALWAYS happen at the same time. To that end, they want me to set up a shell script that will run an AWR report daily for each of the two time periods they believe the problems are occuring. I haven't been able to convince them we should run reports for the times we KNOW we had problems. I also haven't been able to locate a script to automatically run reports for the specific time periods--I'm probably not entering the right search criteria. Does anyone have such a script or can point me in the right direction?

Transzap, Inc.