RMAN Duplicate Guide for Remote Backup/Archivelogs Location ?

From: Taylor, Chris David <ChrisDavid.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:53:54 -0600

Anyone have a good guide for using RMAN duplicate when Archivelogs and Backups of the primary db are on a different server?

Typically I copy the backups/archivelogs to the server where I'm going to be doing the duplicate but I know I saw somewhere recently where you didn't have to do that step and RMAN would know where to pull the backups and archivelogs from.

I'm using 10.2.x if it matters.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com<mailto:chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.