Re: RMAN Duplicate Guide for Remote Backup/Archivelogs Location ?

From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:04:28 +0000

I have found that RMAN tends to look on the SAME server But see below. You can use links to point to files on other machines but I have also found that

the duplicate is slowed down hugely if you do this. The time taken to copy over giving huge benefits over any convinience factor.

This script - will in 11g anyway duplicate by pulling data from another server.
Set ORACLE_SID=targetdb

rman target=sys/easyeasy_at_sourcedb log=dupclone2.log append catalog=rman/easyeasy_at_rman auxiliary=/ _at_script

script below.

RUN
{

allocate channel C1 device type disk;
allocate channel C2 device type disk;
allocate channel C3 device type disk;
allocate auxiliary channel A1 device type disk;
allocate auxiliary channel A2 device type disk; allocate auxiliary channel A3 device type disk;

 #set newname for tempfile 1 to "/u04/oradata/triples2/temp01.dbf"; duplicate target database for standby nofilenamecheck; #duplicate target database to triplesp ; }

You might want some set newnames.

For some reason which I think is due to auto registration with tns a push errors as it cannot connect to the target which is not up.

--
Howard A. Latham