Re: Historic interest-which cluster software did you use in 9i RAC?

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 21:31:31 +0000

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de> wrote:
> Dear listers,
>
> So here's my question-how did you deploy RAC (don't care about the platform)
> in the 9i days? Which software did you use to provide all the services we
> take for granted with Clusterware/Grid Infrastructure?

Hi Martin,

I have used cluster technology starting with 8i Oracle Parallel Server, below list of pairs:
- Oracle 8i OPS and HP-UX Service Guard

  • Oracle 8i OPS and AIX HACMP
  • Oracle 9i RAC and Fujitsu Prime Cluster
  • Oracle 9i RAC and Veritas Cluster Suit for RAC
  • Oracle 9i and AIX HACMP
  • Oracle 9i with Oracle Cluster Manager for Windows and Linux
  • Oracle 10g Linux with Veritas Cluster Suit for RAC (cluster filesystem on 2 SAN-s and ODM)
  • Oracle 10g Solaris with Veritas Cluster Suit for RAC
  • Oracle 10g with Oracle ClusterWare on Linux/Solaris/Windows

With new features of 11g ASM and especially with 11gR2 cluster ware I think I will move to pure
Oracle installations only.

regards,
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/