Re: RE : ok for the last 18 yrs in using oracle I must have been asleep, "implied database link"

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_poderc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 00:14:42 +0800

Btw, global database links have been around for a while, both configurable with Oracle Names and LDAP directory server - but the surprise was that no-one had configured any global database links in LDAP, the existence of a database alias in LDAP automatically "enabled" a global database link to it, it seems...
--
Tanel Poder
http://tech.e2sn.com