Re: 10204 RAC upgrade

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 22:10:07 +0000

Hi Sanjay,

The CRS upgrade is rolling so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. If I remember correctly 11.2 CRS is the first upgrade where the script can be run in parallel (excluding the first and last node, i.e. you start with node 1, then do 2 ... n-1 in parallel and then finally the n-th)

If time is so much of an issue, why can't you get swing kit? You could build the cluster with CRS and RDBMS plus a temporary home for a standby database, switch over and migrate. I've done this in 1 hour from switching over to the new kit and execution of the catalog upgrade script + CPU application. Might be a budget constraint though :)

Hope this helps,

Martin Bach
OCM 10g