Re: Oracle client for Windows7

From: Thomas Roach <>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:05:31 -0500

Try the client from here.

When you do the installer, I think instead of runInstaller, it's just setup.exe. In the setup.exe issue, setup.exe -ignoresysprereqs and see what happens? I did a blog post where I was able to install it (memory is cloudy now). You may have to install it as the admin user on the box.

Let us know what happens and what specific errors you receive.

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Sandra Becker <> wrote:

> My new DBA was given a Windows7 32-bit pc. She has not been able to get an
> oracle client to install/work for her. She said she saw something that said
> to ignore the pre-req checks but it didn't work. I didn't hover while she
> tried so I don't have the exact message. Has anyone seen this? Any
> suggestions? She needs the client in order for other software to work.
> --
> Sandy
> Transzap, Inc.

Thomas Roach