Oracle Support renewal

From: Thomas Roach <troach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:10:01 -0500

Hi,

This is an Oracle support renewal question.

We wanted to drop support for a couple of products, but were told that if we did that, the other items purchased in the same order would get bumped to list price and we would have to pay 22% of that for support. Has anyone heard of this?

Is there any way to get discounts on Oracle support renewals? Is there any option to prepay a few years in advance in exchange for a discount?

We reached out to some of our contacts from Oracle but they are pretty firm that there are no options unless we want to try and buy newer licenses at a steeper discount (but that would mean throwing our existing licenses away).

I know this is a somewhat taboo subject, but was hoping to get some pointers as our renewal is coming up.

Thanks!

Tom