Re: For those installing Oracle SE, what systems meet the 4 socket

From: Kjetil Strønen <kjetil_at_oneteam.no>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:22:58 +0100

On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 11:52 -0500, David Robillard wrote: <snip>
> -- d) DataGuard. If you have a CPU-licensed Enterprise Edition on your
> production site, then your DataGuard machine has to be running a
> CPU-licensed EE software. You can't have a CPU-licensed production and
> a named-user licensed DataGuard site. That's where it hurts. But with
> most storage subsystem's ability to sync volumes between themselves,
> you can by pass DataGuard altogether and use your storage to sync to
> another storage on your other data center (we all have at least two
> data centers, right?)

Oh, but I don't think Oracle missed that. If I interpret http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/sig.pdf , page 21 ("Remote Mirroring") correctly, you would have to fully license the installation at the second data center, by the same metric as the primary.

(There's enough "if"'s in there to make me read the same (long) sentences 4-5 times over, and still not be 100% sure what it says, so I may be mistaken.)

--Kjetil