RE: RAC for dev env

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 10:54:59 +0100

Depending on the size of your dev and or qa team, it could be cheaper to use NUP licences instead of cpu licences.

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Ram Raman Sent: dinsdag 2 februari 2010 21:31
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: RAC for dev env

Hi

A decision has been made by upper management to use RAC for production environment and nonRAC for dev/test environments. I would prefer to have a parallel environment which is identical to prod.  Is it possible to run a dev environment without having to worry about license. If license might be an issue for dev, can we have one environment where we just install RAC for practice before deploying it in production.

Any thoughts or guidances on the issue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ram.