Re: Minimize Performance Hit on Sort...Help!

From: Greg Rahn <greg_at_structureddata.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:32:51 -0800

Please, please, please to not make claims to bugs without including the bug number and the release you encountered it on. Make your information as useful as possible to others. Off the cuff remarks just spreads fear and uncertainty.

Second, suggesting to disable functionality (of which is unclear is even present or a problem in this particular issue as of yet) is not beneficial to anyone. Let's try and diagnose the problem first, then recommend options.

The next thing you know someone will find this via their favorite search engine and just blindly apply this suggestion hoping/wishing/praying it may fix a problem they may or may not have. Let's please not promote tuning/troubleshooting by guessing. It's 2010 and time to use systemic troubleshooting approaches.

(I'm off my soap box now and return you to your regularly scheduled programming)

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn