Re: ALTER TABLE modify partition rebuild unusable local indexes does not run in parallel

From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:06:23 -0800 (PST)

alter table OWNER.TABLE PARALLEL(degree 6) modify partition P1 rebuild unusable local indexes

I've never had the opportunity to try this combination of commands, but this might do it...

Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."

From: Harel Safra <harel.safra_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE modify partition rebuild unusable local indexes does not run in parallel To: genegurevich_at_discover.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 12:41 PM

Just checking, you do have "degree" defined as greater than 1 on those indexes?

Harel Safra