Re: ALTER TABLE modify partition rebuild unusable local indexes does not run in parallel

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:56:16 -0600

Thank you. That did not work:

alter table Owner.Table parallel (degree 2) modify partition P200711 rebuild unusable local indexes ;
alter table owner.table parallel (degree 2) modify partition P200711 rebuild unusable local indexes

                                                                 *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-14048: a partition maintenance operation may not be combined with other operations

Thank you

Eugene Gurevich | Discover
Sr. Associate,  Database Engineering and Operations Enterprise Data Management (EDM)
2500 Lake Cook Road, Riverwoods  IL 60015 Phone - 224-405-4079 Fax - 224-405-4967
Page - genegurevich_at_page.discover.com

             Kellyn Pedersen
             <kjped1313_at_yahoo.
                                       genegurevich_at_discover.com,
             01/26/2010 02:08          harel.safra_at_gmail.com
                                       oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: ALTER TABLE modify partition
                                       rebuild unusable local indexes does
                                       not run in parallel

 alter table OWNER.TABLE PARALLEL(degree 6) modify partition P1 rebuild
 unusable local indexes

 I've never had the opportunity to try this combination of commands, but this
 might do it...

 Kellyn Pedersen
 Multi-Platform DBA
 I-Behavior Inc.
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
 www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

 "Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell
 script..."