RE: Multiple production databases (and/or oracle_homes) on one windows server

From: Andre van Winssen <>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:49:03 +0100

Hi Toon,

In a nutshell..

You can have as many oracle databases/oracle_home's as you want on windows 2003. No limits, same as Unix/Linux

Each running database is a single multithreaded windows process (oracle.exe)

Each database has an associated windows service so that's how you manage automatic startup after a boot

"Dos box" sqlplus is my own favourite SQL CLI because of command history.

As for HA, next to RAC and Dataguard there's also Failsafe, based on MSCS.