Multiple production databases (and/or oracle_homes) on one windows server

From: Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars_at_rulegen.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:29:45 +0100

Hi,

Context: 11Gr1, Windows Server 2003
I'm curious if this (see subject) is done at all. My background is primarily using Unix/Linux as the OS for a database server. And I see how having multiple production databases, supported by a single, or even multiple oracle_homes, is not an issue on Unix/Linux. Given that there is enough memory + cpu to service the instances.

But how is this in the Windows space?
Should I go there?
Or stay far away from it?

Any comments are appreciated.

Toon

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.RuleGen.com/pls/apex/f?p=14265:13