Re: new Patch Set Updates released

From: Chris Dunscombe <>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:52:32 -0800 (PST)

From: Niall Litchfield <> Subject: Re: new Patch Set Updates released To:
Cc: "" <>, "" <>, Date: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 10:15 AM

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Kellyn Pedersen <> wrote:

"Please discontinue using the feature until you upgrade to 11g!" Yes, this was a suggestion on a parallel query bug! Gotta love'm....:))

Oh I don't know Kellyn, "please just stop using parallelism" seems like a very good suggestion to me quite a lot of the time. I know it should please stop abusing parallel query, but sometimes I just think life would be better if it had never been invented, :(

Accept of course when DBAs need to create or rebuild indexes.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA