Re: Privileges by session

From: Thomas A. La Porte <Thomas.LaPorte_at_dreamworks.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:13:36 -0800 (PST)

If the developers own the source code for the app, and the application user password is stored in the source code of the application, changing the password will, of necessity, entail informing the developers of the new password.

This is no where near "best practices" from a security standpoint, but it is such a common occurrence in all of our environments that the discussion here is worthwhile.