Re: 11.2 Grid Infrastructure upgrade failure

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:38:39 +0000

Hi Jason,

in your case (and depending on the environment!) I might be tempted to have a look at /var/opt/grid/11.2.0/crs/install/ line 1786 to see what the command does. Could be as simple as not being able to parse the output.... Unfortunately I don't have a 11.2 installation at hand so can't have a look myself. It would also be interesting to double check if /var/opt/grid/11.2.0/crs/install/crsconfig_params has all the right parameters in it. I had a situation where I couldn't add a node to a 10.2 cluster after moving OCR and voting disks to block devices and off raw devices. The rootconfig file in $CRS_HOME/install didn't have the new devices....

Hope this gets the investigation going ;)

Martin Bach
OCM 10g

On 01/04/2010 04:03 PM, jason arneil wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having a real nightmare upgrading a 2 node RAC cluster up
> to This is running rhel 4 U3, 2.6.9 linux kernel (it's
> x86-64)
[avoid overquoting]