awrsqlrpt

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 14:08:07 +0000

All,

Does anyone have any good pointers to the meaning of the time column in the explain plan output of DBMS_WORKLOAD_REPOSITORY.AWR_SQL_REPORT_HTML function (called by awrsqrpt.sql. I have a classic problem where I have two "equivalent" sql statements generated by OWB. One takes 17 hrs to complete and one 5hrs (actually <1hr would seem reasonable to me for the business task). The 17hr plan has the time column populated with 1:xx:xx values whereas the 5hr report has the same column populated with 12:xx:xx values. The bad report is for a parallel execution so I could perhaps buy x executions of 1 hour or so each, but the good report is for a serial execution so i can't buy 12 hour operations in a 5 hour window. I can upload a sanitized version of the report later - minus db info and client names - but at the moment I'm just trying to understand what the time field is trying to tell me.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

--