Re: query rewrite

From: Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars_at_rulegen.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 18:53:20 +0100

Ahh yes, you are absolutely right. I missed that.

The CBO could only rewrite it, if it knew that code_vl is a (declared) key in table X. Then and only then would the two queries be semantically equivalent.

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.RuleGen.com/pls/apex/f?p=14265:13