Re: query rewrite

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:49:03 +0000

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:19 AM, kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> one difference -
> the first query will break if the correlated sub query returns more than
> one value where as the second query will return the mulitple rows.

Hi Kyle,

I have spend last 2 weeks working with query as in 1 example and subquery never has been pushed into FROM section. My general execution plan in 10.1.0.4 looks like this

SELECT STATEMENT
   TABLE ACCESS - X - or join of more then one table    SORT
      TABLE ACCESS - F - or join of more then one table

or

SELECT STATEMENT
   TABLE ACCESS - X - or join of more then one table     FILTER
      TABLE ACCESS - F - or join of more then one table

regards,
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com/