RE: spool file

From: Powell, Mark <>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:02:26 +0000

One way to obtain the desired result is to issue a file rename command from the SQLPlus script

spool my_file
.... some work
spool off
host mv my_file.lst my_file

Naturally when the spool file is created from sqlplus scripts executed from OS shell scripts the file name can be changed in the shell script.

From: [] On Behalf Of Daniel Fink Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2009 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: spool file

Ignore the previous email. I misread it.

To create a spool file without any extension you have to use the method you describe or redirect the output from sql*plus. The problem with redirecting the output is you can have only one spool file per session.

oracle_at_daniel-desktop:~$ sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF >>test
> select 'x' from dual;

oracle_at_daniel-desktop:~$ ls -lart test -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 8 2009-12-20 14:21 test oracle_at_daniel-desktop:~$ more test

Daniel Fink

Oracle Blog

Lost Data?

Joe Smith wrote:
Is there a way to create a spool file without the .lst extension?

I have seen examples of hosting out of the session and renaming the file , but is there a way to create the spool file from the beginning with no extension?

Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.<>