Re: spool file

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:23:08 -0700

Ignore the previous email. I misread it.

To create a spool file without any extension you have to use the method you describe or redirect the output from sql*plus. The problem with redirecting the output is you can have only one spool file per session.

oracle_at_daniel-desktop:~$ sqlplus -s / as sysdba <<EOF >>test  > select 'x' from dual;
 > EOF
oracle_at_daniel-desktop:~$ ls -lart test -rw-r--r-- 1 oracle oinstall 8 2009-12-20 14:21 test oracle_at_daniel-desktop:~$ more test

'
-

oracle_at_daniel-desktop:~$

--