Re: 32 to 64 and version upgrade

From: John Smith <john40855_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:55:03 -0600

No, no IOT's. But another question (from my boss, wants to reduce downtime). Would it be possible to do this:

Run an rman hot backup, copy files over, set compatible to 9.2.0.8 in my 10.2.0.4 installation, restore and recover, ship last set of archive logs and recover, then shutdown, startup upgrade, and run catupgrd? Do I need to/would it be possible to do an alter database open resetlogs before I bring it up in upgrade mode?