32 to 64 and version upgrade

From: John Smith <john40855_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 14:59:48 -0600

Hello. I am looking at upgrading from linux 32 to linux 64 bit, and to upgrade from 9.2.0.8 10.2.0.4 at the same time.

I think I can just install the new Oracle home on the new server, copy the datafiles, spfile, controlfiles, etc, from a cold backup, startup upgrade, and run the catupgrd script.

Am I missing anything? the way I read the doc, the conversion to 64 bit will happen during the catupgrade script. Do I also need to run utlirp.sql? Am I missing anything?