PMON Release Locks

From: Stuart Blackburn <sblackbu_at_cbnco.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:42:23 -0500

Just looking for a little input on how PMON releases locks. One of our systems has frequent network issues which causes transactions to be abandoned before they are committed. The problem is that the locks records seem to stay locked for days sometimes. This is an OCI application using connection pooling. My question is how does PMON decide if a connection is dead or not? If I look at the session in the v$session table it thinks it's still waiting on an SQL*Net message from the client that it's never going to receive. I don't know if there's a way I can speed up this process or not.

Thanks,
Stuart