RE: OCP Question

From: Blanchard, William <wblanchard_at_societyinsurance.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:02:44 -0600

I believe this is because the controlfile can't find the file (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I would check the path and ensure that the controlfile is pointing to the correct location.

WGB   -----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bill Zakrzewski Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 1:58 PM To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: OCP Question

Listers -

I took the Oracle 10g OCP exam and one question in the exam was something I have not come across in several years working with Oracle. I searched google, but only found someone has had this happen, but they didn't understand why - it was during a database cloning process.

It went something like - You rebuild your controlfile and open your database and discover several datafiles have been renamed to /somepath/MISSING##### (where ##### is a 5-digit number).

What might that signify?

A. Those are corrupt files?
B. Those are read-only tablespace files?
C. .....
D. .....
E. .....

I don't remember the five choices, but does anyone know why Oracle would rename datafiles to .....MISSING#####.

Thanks
Bill--