Re: Monitoring multiple application servers with grid control

From: John Piwowar <jpiwowar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:12:12 -0800

If you follow Oracle's recommendation to install the agent software as a different OS user than software to be monitored, you may have file permission issues that lead to problems with target discovery. My Oracle Support Doc 437078.1 covers this topic. There's a section in the Grid Control release notes that discusses this as well.

Regards,

John P.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Niall Litchfield < niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> The agent should detect oracle app servers and oc4j instances out of
> the box, if it doesn't target discovery is the keyword to search for
> on metalink
>
> On 12/14/09, Domagoj Smoljanovic <dsmoljanovic_at_ieee.org> wrote:
> > Not yet. We will have. Does the agent autodetect everything or do i need
> > add manualy application servers? And what about solo OC4J instances?
> >
> > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM, <lyallbarbour_at_sanfranmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> have you got Agents installed on those servers? There's a Mass
> Deployment
> >> Agent for download from Oracle
> >>

> http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oem/htdocs/agentsoft.html
> >>
> >> Lyall